Note: Partial assembly required!
Additional shorter microswitch bolts provided for when Shuriken is removed.
Mass produced Korean levers are typically made from cheap moulded plastic. They are great at keeping the price down but can have questionable build quality and terrible tolerances such as microswitch spacing. If you demand a high quality no fuss, no nonsense Korean lever then this is it.
Changes to v2 are numerous (see Changes tab below), however the most obvious thing people will notice is the lighter weight, the lever assembly system and the much requested "truncated circle" at the base of the lever. The truncated circle is custom dimension and has been carefully designed to interact with the circular collar. Overall it is still very much a Korean no gate feel but with a subtle hint of square gate mixed in. Previously v1.0 had a satin-glossy finish to the body of the lever, it was very smooth but also prone to hairline scratches. In v2.0 we have adjusted our machining to achieve a more durable grained/textured finish.
The larger the shaft diameter, the less the throw (i.e distance to shaft hitting the collar). If you are new to Korean levers we recommend that you try a 9.0mm shaft as this has the least throw and something you may be more comfortable with if switching from a Sanwa JLF.
The larger the number the stiffer the lever will feel and the faster the return to neutral at the cost of arm fatigue. If you are new to Korean levers we recommend you try a 35A grommet as this will give a less stiff feeling. Stiffness is subjective, however as a guide we would describe Blue grommet as medium and Black grommet as high stiffness.
The larger the actuator diameter the easier it is to find diagonals and the quicker you hit the microswitches. If you are new to Korean levers then we recommend a 15.5 or 15.0mm diameter actuator.
Omron A5 provides a smooth soft feel when engaging the microswitches. If you want a snappy tactile feel then try the Cool Bear lever with Gersung A3.
Shuriken Korean PCB
This cool little thing allows you to avoid using the 5 pin to 8 pin wiring harness and connect your lever using the Sanwa JLF 5 pin header found in most commercial arcade sticks.
- 303 stainless steel shaft finished to a satin polish.
- Steel plate, powder coated light grey to a flat matt finish.
- Black Delrin bushing and actuator.
- Black Delrin body.
- Mounting dimensions for both Sanwa and Korean centres.
- IST Mall 35A rubber grommet.
- Choice of Gersung A3 or Omron A5 microswitches.
- Choice of removable bat top colour.
- Choice of shaft and actuator diameter.
- Choice of rubber grommet.
- 40mm diameter oversized dust washer.
- 14.00mm diameter bushing.
- 15.6mm switch spacing.
- Low collar (15mm internal diameter).
- Low collar only.
- Delrin now used for body. v1.0 had acetal body.
- Delrin body now has a more durable grained/textured finish which is less prone to hairline scratches.
- Custom dimension truncated circle provided at base of body housing.
- Removed changeable collar feature and adjusted internal diameter of collar to 15.3mm.
- Height of bushing adjusted to 11.8mm high. v1.0 had 11.9mm high bushing. This allows the lever to spin but there will be no vertical wobble.
- 1.5mm mounting plate to reduce weight. v1.0 had a 2.0mm thick plate.
- Fujin V3 style microswitch plate now no longer provided to reduce weight.
- Sanwa JLF mounting centres on mounting plate. v1.0 had both Korean and JLF mounting centres.
- Switches are now mounted via brass threaded inserts located on bottom side of body housing.
- Mounting plate now fastens to top of Delrin body via tapped threads into the Delrin body.
- Option for Omron A5 microswitches. v1.0 came bundled with Gersung A3 only.
- Option for Blue 35A or Black 45A rubber grommet. v1.0 came with Blue 35A grommet only.
- Option for Shuriken Korean PCB. This product did not exist at the time of v1.0.